1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box (approximately 4 cups) confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp salt
16oz fresh strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut off stems and cut each in half. Add to a food processor and process until it forms a puree. Strain mixture through a mesh colander into a bowl to remove seeds and large pieces. Set aside.
- Cream butter on medium speed of a standing or hand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and mix until combined.
- Add sugar in small batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Add 7 tablespoons of strawberry puree and mix well until frosting is a uniform light pink. Add more puree to taste if needed.
Notes & Tips:
You can substitute other fruits like raspberries or blueberries to make a number of different fruity buttercreams!
If your butter hasn't softened fully, cut it into small pieces before mixing.
View All Dessert Photos
See something you like? Let's create a class around it! Just shoot us an email or select "Create Your Own" when booking a class and we'll create a class custom made for you!